Tuesday, July 5, 2011

OLIVIA IS HERE

Yes, for all of you who are out there and following my blog, Olivia is finally here! She got in at about 9:45pm Thursday night and since then we have be thoroughly enjoying doing life together. It was 192 days since I last saw her, and as soon as she got here, the feeling has been that things are back to normal. They are not normal in the sense that I have a week off from work and get to do things that I normally wouldn't have been able to do otherwise, but normal in the fact that she is here and gets hang out with me. LOVE IT!

This past weekend we had took some time to head west to visit the Entwistles and RVA. It really was relaxing spending time with that family. We played up down the river, chess, checkers, had some really amazing home made meals, walked around RVA, and met some really cool people. The Rift has definitely become my escape from Nairobi with its cool air, mountains, and the fact that you can see the stars at night. So good.

Well today we are going to hang out with Sonia Kuguru who is my Kenyan sister. We're going to take Livs to the most westernized part of Kenya, Westgate, to go shopping, see a movie, and then go to the Kuguru's where mom is making a traditional Kenyan feast. Which I am actually starving myself so I can eat all of this goat meat, mandazi, skuma, chipati, and anything else that will be on that table.

I will definitely keep you all posted on our latest movements and activities as Livs and I have a lot planned for the next 20 days that she is here. You can also watch Livs' facebook to see pictures from our adventures. Well, until next time, stay classy. Cheers.

1 comment: