Saturday, June 11, 2011

Today = A Big Day

No, nothing big happened in my life today. Well Nairobi City Stars did win their third game of the season. But seriously, the big things happened to those who are close around me. My little brother just started his summer job at Ligonier Camp. Which I actually did when I was his age. Man, how that was such a life changing experience. And then, my best friend Chris Stern married Jordan Agate! Freakin' A! So crazy. I'm so happy that they are finally together. As I'm writing this, they should be getting their groove on at the reception.

So that's what has been happening around me. Everything here is still crazy and this week is going to be an even crazier week. We have not one, but two mission teams coming in from the states. They'll be interacting with the Petra Academy team and getting to see where a few of the players live.

And then this week, I'm starting to change focus. Lately I have been focusing on the U19 team and how I can measure their development, well know its time to focus on the younger kids and their needs. I think the starting point for them though is not the player, but the coaches. Empowering them so they can feel qualified and respected is something that I hope we can achieve by giving the coaching courses in the next month or two as well as giving them coaching uniforms so they can feel unified. It's small things, but honestly, the grassroots is where everything begins.

So I'm excited for what's ahead. Olivia comes in 19 days! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment