Friday, January 20, 2012

I'M MARRIED!

What a ride! Words cannot even begin to describe how just blown away I am right now at the fact of 1. Olivia and I actually made it! WHAT! 2. I can breathe a little bit now that the wedding is over and then 3. It was awesome! If you weren't able to make it to Dallas for the big day, which I totally understand, the only words or description that I can share with you about the wedding is that it was the most spirit filled, worshipful, party experience I have ever had!

The morning of the wedding, I had my grooms men, men in my family, and men from Olivia's family pray for me and that was such a humbling and glorious thing to do/be a part of. Lots of tears were shed, heartfelt prayers were being said every minute, and it was such a connecting moment for everyone involved. So cool. The wedding was a very similar experience as it connected all 330 people who were present to not only me and Olivia but also to their Maker. Lots of people have come back to us saying that it was the best wedding they had ever been too. When Olivia and I were on our honeymoon together, we just kept looking back and saying that that day couldn't have been any more perfect. Yes there were flaws and things happened, but everything about it had someone else's hand writing on our story and it was just a huge blessing to us.

After the wedding we did go on a SICK honeymoon to Cancun, Mexixo at the El Cid Resort and it was so spectacular. From the views, to the white sand, the 5 star meals, if you haven't seen pictures yet go to my albums on facebook and check them out.

Olivia and I are currently living in Highland Village, Texas in her parents home. We have a room upstairs which is like our own compound area of the house and it's really sweet. We will be here hopefully until the first week of February. Olivia has been diligently writing thank you notes, talking with AIS to see how much more support she needs, and we are halfway there! She still needs about 29 more supporters to either give a one time gift of $220 or a monthly donation of $20 for eleven months. We are praying that the Lord will provide those people in the next three weeks so we can get on the ground as soon as possible, but like we found out in our relationship, it's about His timing and not our own. We would greatly covet you're prayers in that area and if you know of any potential sponsors who you think we should connect with we would greatly appreciate it.

Well that's all I have for now. Today is Olivia's birthday so the parents and I are taking her out for dinner and dessert. Hopefully in the next few days, she will write her first post and share more stories from the wedding and how she's doing. We love you guys and are so thankful for your blessing and prayers as we begin this crazy adventure together.

No comments:

Post a Comment